Do you have a window that needs a little love? I’ve got a fantastic no-sew roman blind DIY that is easy peasy and looks fab! If you don’t need the shade to go up and down for privacy then this blind is for you! I’m always looking for inexpensive ways to give my house some love. Having roman blinds custom made can be pretty expensive, so here’s a great way to make DIY No-Sew Roman Blind that won’t burn a hole in your pocket, but look oh-so-fabulous!
DIY No-Sew Roman Blind
What You Need:
– Measuring tape
– Curtain tension rods
– Fabric Glue
– Sharp scissors
What You Do:
1. Measure the width and length of your window to ensure you have enough fabric. You’ll need to end up with a shade that’s the width of the inside of your window. The length of the shade would ideally be the length of your window, but it doesn’t have to be that long. Simply cut your fabric to the correct width plus an inch on either side and twice the length you want to end up with.
2. Iron your fabric and then lay your fabric out on a large work surface (I used my dining room table). Cut your fabric an extra inch wide on each side; now turn the fabric under 1 inch on each side and secure the flaps with fabric glue (this is so you dont have ugly edges).
3. Double the fabric over, right sides together and glue the two ends together to join it. Turn the fabric right side out. Now you have a large rectangle of fabric.
4. And now for the secret tool that makes this shade possible and awesome…the tension rod. These rods are adjustable to any length. I bought mine at Home Depot. Measure the inside of your window frame to find the length you need, and adjust the rod by pulling it in or out.
5. Insert one end of the rod into your fabric like so:
6. Hang your fabric rectangle in the top of your window frame (put the glued seam at the top so that you can hide the seam).
7. Take a second tension rod and hang it a few inches lower than your top rod like so and then a third a bit lower:
8. Now bring the fabric up to double over the first rod:
Repeat with a third tension rod:
And…VOILA!! a beautiful custom made no-sew roman blind that looks fresh, fabulous. and, sophisticated. You can do it too! – take THAT custom design blinds!
Keep it Beautiful.