Turkey, Cranberry and Goat Cheese Party Bites Recipe
Food. For many Canadian families, it is as the heart of their holiday celebrations. A lot of planning goes into treats and meals that their loved ones will devour and reminisce about for many things to come. Canadian Turkey wants to give you a hand with your entertaining plans this holiday season with some show-stopping dish ideas and tips and tricks to help get you through this time of the year! You have to make this Turkey, Cranberry and Goat Cheese Party Bites Recipe for your guests!
Recipes for any type of festive crowd
Do you struggle finding meals to serve at a festive occasion? Planning ahead and using various cuts of meat will give you a (turkey) leg-up on your entertaining plans. Canadian Turkey has a variety of recipes on hand to help you serve some amazing meals for your guests. Be sure to visit canadiantukey.ca to find and save recipes that can do the following:
- please your loved ones
- can be prepared in advance
- go from freezer to oven in a flash, or
- can be dished as a festive starter or appetizer.
Canadian Turkey has all sorts of delicious dishes to help prepare you for any kind of gathering!
Saving your favourite recipes makes it easier for you to access, regardless of the size of your festivities. Some really great recipe to keep handy is their Turkey, Cranberry and Goat Cheese Party Bites for your next cocktail party or pot-luck. This dish is great because the ingredients can to prepped ahead of time and can be whipped up on the day of your event.
Turkey, Cranberry and Goat Cheese Party Bites Recipe
- 2 lbs. ground Canadian turkey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 package puff pastry
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce
- 140 grams goat cheese
- 1/4 cups mint,torn into small pieces
In a non-stick pan or skillet, season ground turkey meat with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sauté until lightly browned and cooked through, 6-8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Roll out puff pastry and cut into 2-inch by 2-inch squares. Press into the bottom of a mini muffin tray. Use a fork to prick holes into the bottom part of the pastry to make your ‘cup’. Cook according to package instructions until barely browned. Set aside to cool. Exact number of bites may vary according to how thin pastry is rolled.
Fill each pastry cup with ground turkey. Top with a dollop of cranberry sauce and goats cheese.
Broil on high for 1-2 minutes until cheese is softened.
Top with mint.
TIP:These bites make a perfect starter for your parties or family get-togethers. Get a head start by making the first two steps ahead of time and store the pastry cups and cooked turkey for up to 2 days before you need them. You can easily whip up a double batch of cups and mix up your toppings to create different flavours. Try:
Sweet and Spicy:
Ground turkey + red pepper jelly + brie + jalapeno
Ground turkey + jerk sauce + cubed pineapple + cilantro
Ground turkey + pesto + sundried tomato + mozzarella
Ground turkey + mushrooms + onions + cheddar
If you are looking for other ways to get your holiday party started with Canadian turkey, print off this pintable showing 5 ways you can make holiday appetizers with ground turkey meat!
Tips to help feed your merry gatherers
Find it hard to feed a throng of holiday revelers? Canadian turkey makes a fabulous feature item on all of your entertaining menus. Cooking a classic roast turkey dinner with all of the fixings is worth the time needed to put together to create a holiday celebration for those you are celebrating with. You can usually count on leftovers from this bird to help create quick and healthy meals on hectic days when you have a lot to juggle. It is always great to have scrumptious dishes on hand for the rest of the week or squirrelling away pre-made meals in the freezer to cook for a busy weeknight during the holiday season.
Making Canadian turkey the star of your holiday season
Canadian turkey is such a versatile protein to use in meals. With all of these options, it is easy to have this bird as the star of your holiday season. You should give some of these recipes a try to be creative or keep your traditional go-to’s intact. No matter which way you choose to prep your turkey this year, it will be delicious! Since turkey can be used in so many different dishes, try using as a main ingredient in any of your star appetizers and main meals for tickle the taste buds of your guests. Take a look below to find more amazing ways to add Canadian turkey when throwing your next holiday get-together.
8 Great Tips to Help You Entertain-at-Home Like A Pro
- Serve dishes that can be made in advance. Favourites like casseroles, pastas and stews featuring turkey can be made ahead of time and just re-heated gently to serve.
- Help your guests avoid the dreaded ‘crash’ that follows a heavy meal and think about serving lighter fare. Turkey makes a great feature meal, feeding a crowd with big flavour, while being a leaner, lighter choice.
- Build your party around a series of appetizers. A great one to try is our Turkey, Cranberry and Goat Cheese Party Bites. Finger foods also mean using less dishes and cutlery, saving time when it comes to clean up.
- Plan something other than a formal sit down. A relaxed buffet style meal encourages grazing throughout the night, mingling while guests eat and chat. Choose foods that taste great at room temperature, like a stuffed turkey breast or turkey casserole.
- Think about hosting a potluck. You provide the crowd-pleasing main dish, like a whole roasted turkey, and then have your guests bring a selection of appetizers, salads and desserts. Guests love to contribute, and this will help take the heat off of you.
- Substitute turkey into any of your favourite party dishes. Think about ground turkey, turkey breast or turkey sausage in any of your go-to appetizers and mains.
- Use your handy crock-pot to help you make a crowd-pleasing dish ahead of time. Canadianturkey.ca has manycrock-pot and make-ahead inspirations. A bonus you’ll love with the crock pot? You can heat and serve all in the same container!
- Save on the big meal by skipping the beef tenderloin or prime rib and opting for a less expensive cut of meat. A whole turkey will feed a large crowd for just a few dollars per person, making it a budget-friendly choice!
More ways to put Canadian turkey at the heart of your holiday festivities!
Do you love these amazing tips and tricks dished out for you to use for your holiday celebrations? Is there something you still have questions about? Will this be your first time creating a holiday feast for your loved ones or hosting a festive bash? Head over to canadianturkey.ca additional tips, recipes, Turkey Basics videos and HOW TOs to make this festive season the best one yet. Their Year-Round Whole Turkey HOW TOs section will help you through the whole process of roasting a whole Canadian turkey for your loved ones ay time of the year. The Recipe section is packed with yummy recipes when cooking a whole turkey and other cuts of this fabulous bird. They help you to have nutritious and delicious turkey on your table to as the heart of your holiday season or to #Entertain WithTurkey at any time of the year!
Disclaimer: This post is generously sponsored by Canadian Turkey.