DYI Santa’s Workshop Ornament
Part of the fun of the holidays is making Christmas ornaments. This Santa’s workshop ornament is so cute, don’t you think? Not only that, it’s one your kids can make when they’re looking for something new to do on a Saturday afternoon or during Christmas vacation.
You may not have everything in your craft supply closet, to make these. But, it’s easy to find what you need at your local craft store or even online. Necessary supplies include Popsicle sticks, a black Sharpie, glue, artificial snow, twine, red and white paint, scissors, Christmas confetti shapes and red craft foam.
If you don’t eat a lot of Popsicles, there’s no reason to start. The alternative is to buy a pack of craft sticks when you purchase the other supplies. The sticks are really affordable and your kids can make lots of different things with them.
To make the pole, paint the craft stick with red paint. Then add diagonal white stripes. For the sign, cut the craft foam into an arrow or sign shape, gluing artificial snow on the edges. Print “Santas Workshop” across the centre.
Form a small piece of twine into a loop and glue it to the back of the stick, as shown. Using the confetti shapes or other small decorations embellished the pole to your liking. That’s it… easy-peasy!
If you’re in a really creative mood, you could even paint Santa or Rudolph’s face on the foam. Stickers would be a fun idea too. One of the best things about this kind of craft project is that there’s no set-in-stone rule. You’re only limited to your imagination.
DYI Santa’s Workshop Ornament
- Popsicle sticks
- Red and white paint
- Black Sharpie marker
- Red craft foam
- White school glue
- Styrofoam fake snow
- Christmas tree shaped confetti pieces or other small decorations
1. Begin by painting a popsicle stick with red paint. You can use any type of paint you like, but we like chalk paint as it dries quickly and has a matte finish.
2. Once the red paint has dried, paint some diagonal lines going down the red popsicle stick with white paint.
3. While the white paint is drying, cut a small pointed rectangular sign shape out of the red craft foam.
4. Write “Santa’s Workshop” on the red craft foam sign with a black Sharpie marker.
5. Place some glue around the top and side edges of the Santa’s Workshop sign, and sprinkle on some styrofoam fake snow. Allow to dry.
6. When the sign is dry, glue it to the front of the painted popsicle stick.
7. Glue some small Christmas tree shaped confetti pieces or other small decorations under the sign on the front of the popsicle stick.
8. Use glue to attach a loop of twine to the back of the popsicle stick to use as a hanger for your ornament.
In addition to hanging these Santa’s Workshop ornaments on your Christmas tree, I think they would be really cute on wrapped Christmas gifts. Another option is to use them as teacher’s gifts or gifts to hand out at your child’s Christmas party!