At the end of it all, you have a great looking hat that you can wear for the rest of your day!
- Foam visor (white or red) purchased at our local craft store. There were oodles of them in a variety of colors for summer crafting.
- Red (or white, opposite from the color of your visor) foam for cutting out a maple leaf
- Package of stick on foamie shapes (pre cut) that you think might interest your group of kids.
We used sport themed and hearts during our project and found them at the local craft store as well.
- Cut maple leafs from the piece of foam.
- We happened to have a maple leaf shaped cookie cutter that we could use to make an impression on the foam which we could cut around.
- There is also template that you can print that has a variety of sizes of maple leafs which you can use as a template. (See below.)
- You may want to complete this step ahead of time if you are working with young children.
- Glue the maple leaf to the front center of the visor. You may want to complete this step ahead of time if you are working with young children.
- Allow the children to decorate the rest f the space on the visor with the stick on foamie shapes.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Template of maple leaf shapes
Print friendly version of these instructions
Taken from: http://www.dltk-kids.com/canada/mhat.htm