In all the hustle and bustle of this holiday season it would be easy to forget your pets, but at the end of a long day of shopping who is the happiest to see you? More than likely it’s your furriest family member. So, whether you have a playful cat or an active dog, I guarantee your four-legged family members will appreciate your thoughtfulness this Christmas!
My eleven-year-old cat loves Christmas. So much so that as soon as the tree skirt is laid out he takes position on it and makes it his “home” until the Christmas tree is taken down. My cat is also one of the first to make his way downstairs on Christmas morning to see what presents are for him (he knows he gets treats).
My four-year-old Australian Shepherd, on the other hand, has no idea what’s going on, but nonetheless she jumps right in there to see what is under the tree for her (she also knows there are treats).
With the exception of their favourite treats, it can be difficult to decide which pet toys your pet will love and actually play with more than once, and are also safe and durable.
Luckily, PetSafe has something for every pet personality – and they are safe too! Available at leading retailers nationwide and on Amazon, PetSafe offers many toys for cats and dogs, but to help you get in and out of the pet store efficiently this holiday season, here are 6 purr-fectly PetSafe Christmas gifts your four-legged family member will love:
For the Playful Pet
1) FroliCat DARTDuo (Cat): If you have a playful feline (or small dog) the automatic rotating light in the FroliCat DartDuo will keep one or a few cats and dogs busy. Simply place this toy on the floor, turn it on and watch them play! The two lasers move in a circle, darting around and randomly switching directions. There are various play combinations, which make this toy perfect for the smart pet that bores easily.
2) Busy Buddy Tug-a-Jug (Dog): I was lucky enough to receive this dog toy as a tester for my dog. My dog is a smart dog and typically solves puzzling toys quite easily and then bores of them, but not this toy! Simply place your dog’s favourite treats or food in the bottle portion of the toy and watch as your dog plays tug of war with the rope in an effort to get the treats out. My dog manages to get all of the treats out, but it takes her about an hour to do so!
For the Calm Pet
3) Egg-Cersizer (Cat): My veterinarian recommended this toy for our overweight cat in an effort to get him to slow down when eating his dry food. The Egg-Cersizer not only dispenses food, but it encourages cats of all personalities to play and get exercise.
4) Busy Buddy Bristle Bone (Dog): If you hate brushing your dog’s teeth as much as I do then you will appreciate the fine job this dog toy does of entertaining your dog as well as cleaning their teeth. I also received this toy to review and I love how it assists in good dental health while keeping my dog entertained. I have never seen a toy like this: there are rawhide treat rings around it that encourage the dog to chomp while the durable nylon bristles gently clean their teeth! My dog loved it – even after the rawhide treats were gone. This toy comes in various sizes and is the perfect way to keep dogs entertained on stormy or rainy days.
See the Busy Bristle Bone in action here:
For the Active Pet
5) FroliCat POUNCE (Cat): Cats of all ages will love this toy. The Marshal Maus moves forwards and backwards and plays hide-and-seek encouraging the cat to chase it. The Maus’ movement is unpredictable and will stimulate your cat’s natural instinct to hunt and chase!
6) Busy Buddy Waggle (Dog): I received this dog toy to review as well and it has to be my favourite. It kept my dog entertained for hours. It can be used to play fetch or as a treat dispenser. Because my dog also eats her dry food too quickly, I placed some of her regular dry food inside both ends. My dog struggled with it for an hour before she got all of the food out and her tail wagged the entire time. I also liked that this toy is rubber – we had a large hard plastic dispenser that worked the same, but it was loud, clunky and made marks on walls and furniture – the Busy Buddle Waggle doesn’t do any of that and keeps my dog entertained for a lot longer.
I was impressed with all of the PetSafe Busy Buddy dog toys I was sent (and so was my dog). They are durable, don’t smell disgusting (if you have a dog, you know what I am talking about) and my dog was eager to try them and then played with them (and continues to play with them) for a long time! PetSafe toys are the gift that keeps on giving – especially if you have a busy breed such as my Australian Shepherd who longs for fun and entertaining toys.
Disclaimer: I received products and compensation from PetSafe in order to wrote this review. The views expressed are my own (and my dog’s).
All of the above mentioned PetSafe products are a part of the 2015 PetSafe Holiday Gift Guide and you have your chance of winning them! Enter below for your chance to win a:
- FroliCat DART DUO
- Busy Buddy Tug-a-Jug
- Busy Buddy Waggle
- FroliCat POUNCE
- Busy Buddy Bristle Bone
This PetSafe gift pack is worth $125!
This giveaway is open to Canadian residents and ends at 11:59 EDT on January 11th, 2016.
Rules: Open to Canadian residents 18 +. You have 48 hours to reply by email once you are notified as the winner. If you don’t, we will draw another entry. Prize is non-transferable. No substitution or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted. The selected winner must correctly answer a mathematical question in order to win the prize mentioned above. The Ottawa Mommy Club is not responsible for prize fulfillment and for the delivery/shipment of the prize(s) mentioned above. For our complete set of rules, please click here.