This recipe is my all time favourite winter muffins. It’s a denser, heavier muffin compared to the yogurt-based berry-type muffins I make in the summer months. Not only is this recipe simple, the muffins are moist and tasty.
My recipe is based off a photocopied recipe given to me years ago, so I have no idea where it actually originated from, but I do know my recipe is very different from the original.
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries (I use a food processor to chop them up small)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- Mash bananas. Add sugar and egg. Combine.
- Add melted butter and apple sauce. Stir well.
- Add the dry ingredients and fold in cranberries. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until muffins are browned and firm to the touch.