There is nothing I enjoy more than a warm yummy soup. On chilly winter days or cold and rainy days a soup just heats you up from the inside out. It’s great for dinner and perfect for lunch the next day. This soup is so simple and good for you. It is completely meatless so perfect for a Meatless Monday and most of the ingredients you probably all ready have in your kitchen. Enjoy this with a nice slice of home made bread.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 tsp dry italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can mixed beans (5 bean-) drained and rinced
- 1 box of vegitable broth
- 2 generous handfuls of small pasta ( little shells, little o shapes, even broken up lasagna noodles work)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teasPoons chopped fresh parsely
- 2 handfuls chopped baby spinach
- In a pot add oil and heat on medium high. Add onions and celery. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, Italian seasoning and rosemary. Cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and beans and broth.
- Add noodles and cook on medium high for 12 minutes, until pasta is ready. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add fresh parsley and spinach and cook for one minute till it is wilted.
About the Author (Author Profile)Guest Bloggers on OMC!
Sites That Link to this Post
- A New Look Coming Soon! « Otownmommy's Blog | February 21, 2013