How to Participate in a Twitter Party
What is a Twitter party?
A twitter party is fun virtual online party on twitter. Participants connect and discuss a specific topic that typically last 1-2 hours. Most twitter parties have a host an expert panelist to keep the party on topic. Participants can win prizes.
How does a twitter party work?
The host will announce the party’s with a specified Hashtag (#) for the party prior to the event.Hashtags are used to allow people to quickly search for tweets that share a common topic. You can follow the party using TweetDeck to help follow the fast pace of the tweets. This is a n excellent tutorial on how to set up TweetDeck. I also like to use Twubs to follow a hashtag.
How Can I Participate in a Twitter Party?
So who can attend these? Anyone can join in, not necessarily followers of the event organizer – these are open to all.
1. Make sure you have a Twitter account. Don’t have one yet? It’s easy and free to sign up.
2. Please make sure to follow the party’s hashtag, the twitter handles of the host, panelist and sponsors about 15 minutes prior to the party so you can make sure that you qualify and are aware of the special requirements and party rules.
3. The host will begin the conversation. The participants and panelist engage in the conversation and provide answers to questions asked by the host. Winners are randomly selected from the group of participants.
4. Participants must qualify to be eligible to win by reading the steps to participate on the Twitter Party Page.
5. Winners might be announce during the party, after the party is over or the following day.
6. If you win a prize, follow the instructions given by the party host in order to claim it.
What are the Benefits of Participating in a Twitter Party?
Twitter parties are a fun way to enjoy making new Twitter friends, network, learn more about a specific topic, find a support group and fin amazing prizes all from the comfort of your own home!
Interested in Hosting a Twitter Party with Ottawa Mommy Club!
A Twitter Party is an affordable and fun way to engage with potential clients/buyers, spread the word about your services/products, amplify your online presence and gain Twitter followers. If you would like the Ottawa Mommy Club to help you host and promote a Twitter Party, please Contact us for more information.
Category: Twitter Parties