Super Easy DIY Mason Jar Christmas Candle
Are you looking to decorate your house for the Holidays with a homemade craft project? The Mason Jar Christmas Candle is super easy to make with your children and also perfect for gift giving. If you can use fresh cranberries and sprigs pine, it will give it a more authentic look, but plastic pine and beads are also good. It will light up any room!
- One floating candle or simple tealight
- 3-4 fresh sprigs pine (or plastic)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (or red plastic beads)
- 2ft length of twine
- Half gallon mason jar
- Hot glue
- Essential oils, optional
- Twist your length of twine around the top of the mason jar, covering the entire lip. Secure by tying, or by adding a small dab of hot glue.
- Trim the ends off of your twine.
- Fill the mason jar halfway with water.
- Arrange the pine sprigs, as desired.
- Fill the mason jar to the 3/4 full mark and then add the cranberries or beads, and nestle the floating candle securely in the cranberries.
- You can add a few drops of your favourite essential oil (optional).
- If you are planning to gift your jar, glue the twine instead to the lid and omit the water.