While at the Carp Market I picked up a big bunch of fresh vegetables. I just bought whatever looked freshest, and added it to my basket. Here is a sample of what I picked up:
I wanted to make a salad with as much of the produce as possible, as I thought all mixed together it would be so summery and delicious. I just chopped it all up and then added some dressing and it was the perfect complement to a barbecue dinner.
- 1 bunch of rainbow carrots
- 2 cucumbers
- 6 basil leaves
- 4 heirloom tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Peel the carrots, and chop into small bite-size pieces.
- Peel the cucumbers, and chop into small pieces.
- Slice the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Place the carrots, cucumbers and tomatoes in a bowl.
- Tear the basil leaves into small pieces and add them to the bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Mix well and serve.
My kids love this salad, and I make variations of it all year long. You can add onions, lettuce, beans, anything that strikes your fancy. Enjoy!