There are so many activities and events to see during the summer months, but so little time to attend all of them! I create a different bucket list every summer and, unfortunately, there are always a few items that never get accomplished.
- A trip to the Unites States
- Shopping in Montreal and visiting relatives
- Fun times at a family cottage
- Attending the Navan Fair, the Kingdom of Osgoode Medieval Festival, and
- Water fun at the Calypso Water Park
- Visiting the Cumberland Heritage Village Museum and Canada Science and Technology Museum
- A Mini Putt family challenge
- Cheer on Ottawa’s Redblacks football team and the Fury FC Soccer team
I already had to cross off Ottawa Bluesfest from the list since my daughter had a very bad reaction to insect bites and needed antibiotics. Oh well, there is always next year; however, we did have a chance to visit the Cumberland Heritage Village Museum during the Ottawa Mommy Club 3rd Anniversary Picnic and, yesterday, the Osgoode Medieval Festival.
There wouldn’t be an ideal summer without all of the special fruity desserts to make with strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, rhubarb, peaches, and more! I really enjoy purchasing local produce at an outdoor market nearby for fresh and juicy fruits. How about an easy strawberry shortcake recipe to try for your family? Or enjoy this month Summer Berry Blue Pie Recipe with Gay Lea Whipped Cream! After all, nothing goes better with Gay Lea whipped cream than a fruity dessert!
If you are thinking about a Water Party Theme such as a beach party, this recipe would make a great hit with your guests. Enjoy!
- 1 3/4 to 2 cups of hot water
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 Tbsp. of cornstarch
- 1 pkg. of Jello Berry Blue Flavour Gelatin (you can also use Strawberry)
- 1 cup each of raspberries and sliced strawberries (you can also add blueberries)
- 1 cooked pie crust or graham cracker crumb crust
- Gay Lea Whipped Cream
- Bake pie or graham cracker crumb crust and leave on counter to cool.
- Add fruits into cool pie crust.
- While the pie is cooling, in a saucepan, add the hot water, the sugar, cornstarch, and the gelatin.
- Bring them to boil on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Let the gelatin mixture cool before pouring on the pie crust.
- Once cool, pour the gelatin mixture into the crust over berries.
- Refrigerate at least 3 to 4 hours or until firm.
- Top with Gay Lea whipped cream just before serving.
- Store any leftover pie in refrigerator.
Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Ambassador Program with MomCentral Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation withthis group. The opinions on this blog are my own.