7 Staycation Tips for a Week of Fun
Usually for March Break, our family stays in Ottawa and spends time relaxing at home after a long winter, snowshoeing, visiting local museums, or going to my favourite malls for spring shopping; however this year, I was invited with my daughter to a media trip in Toronto and will be taking part in some amazing sightseeing attractions!
If you plan on a staycation for March Break, it does not have to be daunting. Think of it as being a tourist in your very own city or to a nearby municipality. You can stay indoors, cozy and warm, or get outside and enjoy an adventure.
Here are seven tips on how to fully enjoy a staycation, one activity per day, without the stress and exhaustion that national or international travel can cause on your family.
1. Plan an indoor excursion. Take a trip to a museum, gallery or science centre (to name a few). Whatever your interest may be, from antiques and art to science and nature, there is an exhibit for you.
2. Visit a local ski resort. Take a day, or two, to hit the slopes with your family; you can ski, snowboard, snow tube or hike, the options are endless.
· Tip: If you have family members who are motion sensitive like my son, GravolTM Quick Dissolve Chewables (available for kids and adults) are an effective and convenient option to treat nausea, vomiting and dizziness, so you can get there more comfortably and with less worry. (Don’t take GravolTM chewables and drive, as GravolTM Quick Dissolve Chewables may cause cause drowsiness).
3. Unwind with a good book. With hectic lives and busy schedules, sometimes we don’t have time for the simple things in life, like curling up with a good book. If you have readers in your family, take advantage of some down time and let your mind be captivated by a new story. For younger kids, colouring or picture books might do the trick!
4. At-home makeovers. Be your own glam squad and grab those nail polishes, make-up powders, sparkle eye shadows, styling tools and last but not least…BatisteTM Dry Shampoo! When you are in a hurry to leave the house and enjoy your day with your family, it’s perfect to use between washes and so easy to use. Applying quick burst revitalizes hair and removes any excess oil, adding body and texture. With the new limited-edition BatisteTM Ella Henderson Sweet & Seductive Dry Shampoo, you’ll feel like a celebrity, with hair that looks, feels and smells great!
5. Crafts, puzzles and games galore. Now you have time to get into a new project with your kids that could take a few hours or few days, you decide.
6. Try new recipes. The March break can have us feeling refreshed and rejuvenated, inspiring us to tackle that new recipe you or your kids have been wanting to try. Whether it’s a batch of cookies or a yummy stew take advantage of your time. It might end up being something you love!
· In addition to all the good food you’ll cook up, make sure all family members get the get their daily recommended nutrients by taking vitamins such as the VitafusionTM Men’s or Women’s Complete Multivitamin and Lil’CrittersTM Gummy VitesTM for kids.
7. Get outside. Go for a walk, a skate at a local rink and maybe pop into a coffee shop to escape from the cold and warm up with a delicious drink.
What are your favourite staycation ideas?
To help ensure you’re ready for your next staycation, Church and Dwight would like for one of the Ottawa Mommy Club readers to win these spring essentials:
- Vitafusion™ Women’s Complete Multivitamin
- Vitafusion™ Men’s Complete Multivitamin
- L’il Critters™ Gummy Vites™
- Ella Henderson for Batiste™ Dry Shampoo
- OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover
- Arm & Hammer™ Truly Radiant Clean & Fresh Paste
- Arm & Hammer™ Spinbrush™ Truly Radiant™ Clean & Fresh Battery Brush
- Arm & Hammer™ Spinbrush™ Paw Patrol Battery Brush
- Arm & Hammer™ Spinbrush™ Disney Descendants Battery Brush
- Nair™ Wax Ready-Strips Legs & Body
Value: Approximately $80
This giveaway is open to Canadian residents and ends at 11:59 EDT on April 10th, 2016.
Rules: Open to Canadian residents 18 +. You have 48 hours to reply by email once you are notified as the winner. If you don’t, we will draw another entry. Prize is non-transferable. No substitution or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted. The selected winner must correctly answer a mathematical question in order to win the prize mentioned above. The Ottawa Mommy Club is not responsible for prize fulfillment and for the delivery/shipment of the prize(s) mentioned above. For our complete set of rules, please click here.