School’s out and the kids are now anxious to start their summer vacation and so are the parents! Every year, we take at least a few road trips, some nearby, like a weekend getaway, others further out in Ontario, in Québec or in the Unites States. This year, we are opting for one trip to Montréal to visit relatives and another one to Toronto for back to school shopping and to take part at the Fan Expo. Most of the summer will be spent renovating and repairing our house, but we plan on making local day trips for some fun family time! Nevertheless, we always make sure to write down a road trip packing checklist to prepare for the upcoming summer trips!
Road Trippin’ around Canada this Summer
There are endless possibilities when it comes to the type of road trips you can take from a local destination, to one across the country. Not sure where you want to go? Here are three great adventures to get your mind wandering and maybe inspire your next trip: Quebec City, Haliburton and Tofino. Not sure what each has to offer? Read more below!
1. Tofino, British Columbia. Looking for something truly picturesque? Head to Canada’s surf capital – Tofino. Get your family on a ferry from Vancouver to Nanaimo and drive along the Pacific Rim Highway for a truly breathtaking view of mountains and lakes, along with rainforest. The area is also known for its trees, which grow in spectacular sizes. Some trees are believed to be 1000 years old.
2. Haliburton, Ontario. Truly the quintessential summer escape from the big city, you’ll practically feel the stress lifting as you start driving into cottage country. There are several scenic route options, dotted with great ice cream parlours along the way, which all lead to good times ahead. Whether you stay for the day or rent a cottage, you’ll want to make sure you stop at Webers in Orillia, a Canadian burger landmark since 1963.
3. Quebec City, Quebec. Whatever direction you’re coming in from, stop in a few francophone villages on your way into the old city to soak up the culture, food and French! Making your way through the beautiful and lush countryside, you’ll be thrilled to arrive at your final destination: old Quebec City, a city full of history, architecture, cobble stone streets and endless charm.
Before you head out on a great adventure, make sure you’re well prepared, especially when kids are involved – we’re hoping for less “are we there yet?” and more “wow, this is amazing!” You’ll always want to pack things like a GPS system, snacks, sunscreen, and sun protection, first aid supplies and good music!
To get you ready for your family adventure this summer, here are some very practical products to put in your travel toolkit.
Church and Dwight Summer Products
· GRAVOL™ Natural Source™ Ginger Lozenges – curb motion sickness for you and your kids (over the age of six) with these chewable lozenges – convenient, portable and no water required! GRAVOLTM Kids Quick Dissolve Chewables are a great option for your little ones two years and over! (GRAVOLTM Kids Quick Dissolve Chewables are not included in giveaway).
· OxiClean™ Foam Pretreat – spills and stains are bound to happen on road trips, treat them the day they happen and then throw the item in the wash a few days later when you make it to your destination!
· ORAJEL™ Anticavity Fluoride Toothpaste 119g, in either Super Mario™ or The Ultimate Spider-ManTM or My Little Pony™ – with road trips come snacks and fast food so ensuring your little ones are brushing is of the upmost importance.
· Vitafusion™ Women’s and Men’s Complete Multivitamins – are geared towards providing essential nutrients specifically needed by men and women to maintain their health, in a tasty gummy that you can take without water, perfect for on-the-go!
Let us know what your favourite place is to road trip over in Canada!
Church and Dwight Summer Giveaway
Church and Dwight would like to give away to an Ottawa Mommy Club reader 4 products perfect to add to your summer travel toolkit:
- GRAVOL™ Natural Source™ Ginger Lozenges
- OxiClean™ Foam Pretreat
- ORAJEL™ Anticavity Fluoride Toothpaste 119g, in either Super Mario™ or The Ultimate Spider-ManTM or My Little Pony™
- Vitafusion™ Women’s and Men’s Complete Multivitamins
The ARV of this prize package is $50!
This giveaway is open to Canadian residents and ends at 11:59 EDT on August 8th, 2016.
Rules: Open to Canadian residents 18 +. You have 48 hours to reply by email once you are notified as the winner. If you don’t, we will draw another entry. Prize is non-transferable. No substitution or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted. The selected winner must correctly answer a mathematical question in order to win the prize mentioned above. The Ottawa Mommy Club is not responsible for prize fulfillment and for the delivery/shipment of the prize(s) mentioned above. For our complete set of rules, please click here.