Now that the kids are back to school, it seems like the holidays are creeping up pretty quickly! I can’t believe it, it seems like we just celebrated and it’s coming around again. In our family there is always something to celebrate: a birthday, an anniversary or one of the many holidays. This starts the endless gift buying and that means expensive! This year I thought our family would try the “made with love by….” gift ideas. This meaning that we make our own gifts. There are so many things you can make and give as gifts. These potpourri bags are an easy to do arts and crafts idea that your little one can make and hand out as gifts, attach to a gift, use as hostess gifts in the spare room/bathroom.
What you’ll need:
- Paper towels
- Small bits of potpourri
- Watercolor paints, markers, or crayons
- Variety of ribbon
- Gift tags
- Take a single sheet of paper towel (full sheet) and decorate with watercolor paints, crayons, or markers.
- Take a second, plain sheet of paper towel and place it on top of the decorated sheet.
- Fill the middle of the plain sheet with potpourri. The amount will be determined by how big your bits of potpourri are.
- Gather up the sides of both sheets and squeeze them together at the top. Close the top with a ribbon tied into a tight bow.
- Attach the gift tag with “Made with love by….” written on it.
The potpourri bags are such cute arts and crafts idea. Family and friends will cherish them with the custom design print made by your little one. Parents will love them because they are easy and cost friendly to make. The kids will enjoy making their own gifts to give to that special someone.