I am battling back against this never ending winter with good warm comfort food. I have just discovered the pasta casserole! I know this is strange and most of you have probably been cooking this for decades…but for me, this is a whole new concept. It is soooo easy! and so tasty! This recipe is supposed to serve 6…hahahaha! It serves 4 in my house because everyone has seconds. I have started making it in double batches because it freezes perfectly as well. I found this Betty Crocker recipe and have amended it to suit my tastes…it is just the most amazing meal to come home to on a never ending winter type of day. Enjoy!
- 3 cups uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives
- 1 jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1.5 jars tomato pasta sauce 26 oz (I used the ones filled with vegetables to sneak some extra nutrition in)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on the package. (I usually undercook mine by about a minute)
- Once you add the pasta to the boiling water, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown the ground beef over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- In a 2 1/2 quart casserole, mix pasta, beef and remaining ingredients, except cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese . Bake uncovered about 5 minutes longer.
- Makes 4-6 servings.