These days most schools are nut-free zones and peanut butter in the classroom has become a thing of the past. Here’s a Peanut Butter & Jelly cookie recipe by Susan McQuillan that I discovered years ago in Sesame Street C is for Cooking cookbook which I have modified for our nut-free world. It’s easy for parents to prepare and children will love finding these in their lunch bags.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Creamy Wow Butter (peanut and gluten-free)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup jam (flavour of your choice!)
- Using an electric mixer, combine softened butter and Wow Butter until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and continue mixing.
- With mixer on low, add in the egg, milk and salt.
- Gradually mix in the flour.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for a couple of hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a spoon, scoop up some cookie dough and using hands, roll into a ball.
- Place the cookie ball onto the baking sheet and use your thumb to slightly indent the top of the cookie.
- When the cookie sheet is full, fill each indentation with a 1/4 tsp of jam.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes.