If you are Catholic or Christian, Easter is a time to celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. I think that after Christmas, it is typically the most well-attended Sunday celebration of the year for churches. It’s also an opportunity to spend quality time with family members during the long weekend, have a get together for a delicious meal, eat lots of chocolate and take part in fun family activities.
Are you looking for family activities to take part in:
- Easter Eggstravaganza at Canada Children’s Museum
- Easter at the Farm at the Canada Agriculture Museum
- Easter Egg Hunt Stanley’s Farm
- Easter Egg Hunt at Valleyview Little Animal Farm
- Cineplex Family Film Favourites (Saturday Only)
- “Eggs” ellent Easter Activities at Ottawa’s historic site! at the Cumberland Heritage and Village Museum & Billings Estate National Historic Site (Saturday only)
- Flutter For Fun (Monday only)
- Thinking of bringing the family to a Sugarbush this week? Click here to view a list of the ones in the area!
- Movie Theatres are all open so why not go and see The Croods!
- How about cheering on the Sens against the Leafs on Saturday!
What is open and close Easter Weekend:
- Banks are closed on Friday and open on Monday.
- Grocery stores, shopping malls and retail outlets are closed on Friday and Sunday, but open on Monday.
- Most Drug stores are open the 4 days.
- Beer and LCBO stores are closed on Friday and Sunday, but some LCBO stores are open on Monday.
- Many recreation complexes and arenas will be open during the Easter weekend for fitness classes, and public swimming & skating. Please check the City of Ottawa website for more details.
- Lots of Museums in the area are open all weekend. Check out their websites to see what they have planned the Easter Weekend.
- City of Ottawa services are closed on Friday and Monday. You can still contact 3-1-1 for any inquiries.
- No garbage collection on Friday or Monday.
Easter CraftsEaster Baskets Made From Recycled Cans
Easter Cake Recipes
Easter Cocktail and Mocktail
Delicious meal ideas by Campbell
For the smaller gathering. We know that having a few people over can be even more pressure than the big family potluck – intimate settings allow for opportunities to create innovative dishes that inspire the taste buds. Try:
Cook to impress. Try out these tried and true favourites for a delicious meal:
Big family potluck. Try out these simple recipe solutions with sought-after outcomes:
Decorate your table for Easter
For more ideas, check out our Pinterest boards! Happy Easter!