Orlando is the theme park capital of the world and definitely a top destination for Canadians to visit! Value is still top of mind, so we wanted to pass along some top travel deals and new attractions for Canadians to keep in mind when planning their 2016 travels in Orlando.
· What’s New in Orlando 2016: Orlando has lots of new attractions, dining destinations and shopping hot spots to enjoy in Orlando this summer – from the highly-anticipated attraction “Frozen Ever After” opening in the Norway Pavilion and the new “Creative Cove” at LEGOLAND Water Park, to brand new resorts!
· Budget-Friendly Travel: Orlando also offers a wide selection of deals and packages, which are perfect for families on a budget!
Orlando’s newest attractions are bigger, bolder and better-than-ever. The theme park capital of the world introduces must-see additions for visitors to create unforgettable summer vacations.
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT
· At Universal’s Islands of Adventure “Skull Island: Reign of Kong” will honor one of the most monumental figures in movie history, King Kong. Guests will board massive off-road vehicles and explore ancient temple structures while encountering hostile natives and fending off unspeakable terrors.
· A new tropical oasis will welcome guests at Universal Orlando Resort: the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort. The new property is the fifth onsite hotel at Universal Orlando Resort, featuring 1,000 rooms and suites with an old-world Caribbean theme, built around a 16,000 square foot, resort-style pool and towering waterfall. Rooms will be available for booking starting July 14.
WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT
· Epcot guests can cool off in the kingdom of Arendelle when the highly-anticipated attraction “Frozen Ever After” opens in the Norway Pavilion on June 21. The family adventure set in the magical world of “Frozen” will feature the popular story of the royal sisters, hit songs and new technology for an icy trek that is sure to warm hearts.
· A new flight path will open for the popular attraction “Soarin’” at Epcot on June 17. The updated version of the ride, called “Soarin’ Around the World,” includes a whole new film, taking guests on a journey to far-flung lands, and accommodating more guests with the addition of an extra theatre.
· Guests will discover new entertainment around every corner this summer with the debut of four new shows across the parks. The Force has awakened at Hollywood Studios, including a new character-filled stage show already open, “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away,” and the nightly “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular,” combining fireworks, pyrotechnics, special effects and video projections to be the most elaborate fireworks display to take place in the history of the park. Animal Kingdom features a new night time show, “The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic” Show, inspired by the live-action film. Meanwhile, Mickey Mouse and his friends will welcome favorite characters from some of Disney’s newest classics in the live stage show “Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire,” debuting June 17 at the Magic Kingdom.
· Thrill-seekers have a new challenge coming on June 10: “Mako,” a brand new 200-foot-tall coaster. Named for one of the ocean’s fastest known sharks, it will be Orlando’s tallest, fastest, and longest roller coaster, reaching speeds of 73 mph as it races along 4,760 feet of steel track. The hypercoaster will be the centrepiece of the newly-themed two-acre plaza. The surrounding realm will be fully shark-themed, providing guests with the opportunity to learn about the impact humans have on sharks and why these animals are critical to the environment.
LEGOLAND FLORIDA RESORT
· As Central Florida heats up, guests can cool off at the new Creative Cove at LEGOLAND Water Park. Now open, the new area invites young visitors to build and race their own LEGO boats.
· Also open is a new 4D movie: “LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS 4D: The Book of Creativity.” Characters from the popular LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS series battle forces of evil in this new immersive experience, combining 3D computer animation with “4D,” real-world effects that bring the high-tech action bursting off the screen and into the audience.
· A colorful summer is in store for visitors of Crayola Experience, with the opening of Rockin’ Paper, an all-new attraction that will bring personalized paper creations to life. Guests will start by decorating paper creatures, then watch as they come alive and rock out in a show all of their own, complete with lights and music. Each new set of paper stars will dance to a different song, for a new experience every time.
TRAVEL PACKAGES FOR CANADIANS
· May 27 – September 19: Hot summer packages from Air Canada Vacations
Air Canada is offering discounted packages to Orlando including a nonstop flight from Toronto and 5-night stay starting at $419 + taxes (per adult). Participating hotels include: Ramada Plaza International, International Palms Resort, Radisson Resort Orlando and Doubletree by Hilton. For more information and to make a reservation visit AirCanada.com.
· July 14 – December 15: Stay and dine for less at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
The brand new Caribbean-inspired Loews Sapphire Falls Resort at Universal Orlando Resort and WestJet Vacations are offering guests $150 hotel dining credit when you book a minimum 4-night vacation package by June 16. For more information and to make a reservation visit WestJet.com, or call 1-877-737-7001.
· August 14 – October 1: Dine for free when you stay at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels
Walt Disney World Resorts is offering guests a free dining plan when you book a 5 – 14 night vacation package along with a minimum 3-Day Magic Your Way Ticket that includes Park Hopper or Water Park Fun. You can choose between the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan, which includes two meals and one snack per person, per night, or the Disney Dining Plan which includes one Table-Service Meal, one Quick-Service Meal and one snack per person, per night. Valid for bookings made up to August 31, 2016. For more information and to make a reservation visit WestJet.com, or call 1-877-737-7001.
· August 31 – December 31: Skip the exchange rate for a day at SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa
SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa Bay are offering special at-par Canadian discounts of up to 40% off at top theme parks. Visitors can take advantage of these special offers, including $59 USD single-day passes through SeaWorld Parks travel partners Air Canada Vacations, Alio, Holiday Escapes, Sunwing, Transat, TravelBrands and WestJet Vacations. Make reservations by visiting the website, or call 1-888-781-1333.
Find more information, including exclusive insider tips, opening dates as they are released and the latest news on Orlando’s happenings visit VisitOrlando.com/blog.
Credit: Visit Orlando