Mayor’s Rural Expo and Food Aid Day
Local food producers and businesses will share some of the best that rural Ottawa has to offer, with all proceeds supporting the Ottawa Food Bank’s efforts to supply nutritious local ground beef to those in need.
Join Deputy Mayor Bob Monette and Michael Maidment, the Executive Director of the Ottawa Food Bank, as they co-host this annual event, which takes place in Festival Plaza at City Hall, 110 Laurier Avenue West, on June 2nd, 2016 from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
This event is a great way to celebrate the amazing rural-urban blend of communities that make Ottawa such a rich and inviting city, but also a chance to come together to help those in need by supporting the Ottawa Food Bank.
This year, you can:
- Enjoy a pancake breakfast (by donation), supplied by Stanley’s Olde Maple Lane Farm from 7 to 9 a.m.
- Visit displays by local rural business, festivals and artisans at the Mayor’s Rural Expo, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Explore Ottawa’s music scene with live entertainment by talented local musicians, including Blackwell Band.
- Cheer on your favourite celebrity at the cow-milking competition, at 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- Grab a BBQ hamburger, chips and a drink for lunch ($10), prepared by The WORKS from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
If you are unable to attend in person, consider donating online at ottawafoodbank.ca or by calling 613-745-7001.