Well, Thanksgiving has past and Christmas is COMING! Get ready for MORE LEFTOVERS AND FOOD COMAS! If you’re anything like me you get sick of the same thing after about three days, so I figured why not stick with the current theme of cooking and make something new out of it. Leftover turkey soup.
This is also a one pot wonder. Man I am really loving these, less clean up!
Hope you enjoy!
- 3 Potatoes
- 2 Large Carrots
- Turkey bones
- Leftover turkey
- Leftover turkey gravy
- Any beans or lentils or macaroni noodles
- A Clove of Garlic
- Left over peas
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- We're going to make a turkey stock. I grabbed the biggest bones I could find from my turkey legs. I boiled them in a large sauce pan for two hours and then carefully strained it to ensure there were no bone fragments.
- Next I added a clove of garlic,crushed, and some salt and pepper. Just a pinch or two of each and add your beans and lentils.
- I cooked them until they were soft. It took roughly 30-45 mins.
- While they're cooking, chop your potatoes and carrots and throw them in as well. Cook until soft.
- Add your grave and left over meat and peas. I also added a bunch of cooked macaroni noodles.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Honestly it's so easy. You may want to add a second package of gravy. I found it added that extra rich yummy flavour. It was devoured in minutes!
i made this for a party and about 20 people ate it all up, we each had a small bowl. So depending on your size of bowl it lasts!