When I attend conferences or baby shows, I prepare small bath salts gift bags to hand out to the moms. This recipe is also ideal for a Mother’s Day gift or if you are having a spa party with your friends.
For Energy, you can make the zesty orange-scented salts (my favourite)
For Romance, try the rose-scented salts
For Serenity, how about the vanilla-scented salts
How to Make Bath Salts ~ Great Gift for Mother’s Day
- 1 cup of Epsom salts
- 1 teaspoon of Orange, Rose or Vanilla extract
- Red and yellow food coloring
- Cellophane bags and ribbons
- In a small bowl, pour one cup of Epsom Salts, and add either 1 teaspoon of Orange, Rose or Vanilla Extract
- For rose add 3 drops of red food coloring
- For orange add 2 drops of red and 3 drops of yellow food coloring
- For vanilla add 2 drops of yellow food coloring
- Mix salts with food coloring until evenly coloured and scented.
- Pour salts into a cellophane bag and tie with a ribbon.
Category: Arts & Crafts, Family, Moms, Mother's Day, Mother's Day Crafts, Stuff of Interest, Themes
Lyne is happily married and has two teenagers: a 16 year old son and a 20 year old daughter. She is a Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI), Certified Professional Wedding Consultant, and an Event Planner. It has always been her dream to create a website dedicated just for Moms since her children were young. Thus, after 10 years, she finally accomplished it, and the Ottawa Mommy Club was born in May 2011. She is also the Queen B of the BConnected Conference, Canada's Digital Influencer and social media Conference in Ottawa.
She coordinated the Annual Infant Information Day/Early Years Expo for the City of Ottawa for 8 years. She was also the co-chair of the Navan for Kraft Hockeyville 2009-2011 committee that organized five community events within 6 months, and helped Navan reach the top 10 finalists in Canada. In April 2011, she received the Mayor's City Builder Award.