I am always looking for meal ideas that will appeal to my kids. Since we are now experiencing warmer days, I tend not to cook so much using the oven, therefore cook on the BBQ or use a frying pan to make our dinners. This recipe is so easy to prepare and tastes delicious. While you wait for the chicken to marinate, make some rice and cut the veggies. When you add the meat to the frying pan, roast the veggies in another pan. The ketchup and the honey gives the chicken a slight BBQ taste. This recipe got a thumbs up from my family!
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of basil
- Cut the 4 chicken breasts into cubes and place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic cloves, soya sauce, ketchup, honey, and basil.
- Pour on top of the chicken.
- Cover bowl and leave in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat frying pan to medium and add chicken mixture.
- Cook until chicken is tender and well cooked.
- Serve with rice and roasted vegetables.