The holiday period is certainly one of the busiest for Canadian families, so Purolator – Canada’s leading courier company for over 50 years – wants to help simplify the season by providing Canadians with handy shipping tips.
When shipping your packages either in Canada or abroad, Purolator offers the following packaging and shipping tips to keep in mind for safe and timely holiday season shipments:
- Place gifts in the centre of a box or carton, ensuring all items fit well and don’t protrude.
- Wrap all items with protective packaging. Use at least three inches thick for fragile items.
- Be sure to fill in hollow spaces with bubble wrap and use cardboard inserts to protect edges for gifts such as books and picture frames.
- Avoid using wrapping paper to ship a gift as it can get damaged during the delivery cycle. Instead, try durable shipping paper and boxes.
- Affix appropriate labels when required: heavy weight, glass and liquid.
- Avoid using previously used boxes, which can lose their strength over time.
- Avoid using glue, masking tape, cellophane tape or opaque tape to seal boxes. These materials may lack strength to hold the package together. It is recommended that you use plastic, pressure-sensitive packing tape for courier shipments.
- Never tie a package with string, rope or elastic bands. These items may get caught in processing equipment or torn off, damaging the package.
- Affix clearly visible shipping and receiving addresses with postal codes to each package in your shipment.
Photo credit: http://mrg.bz/pYMDvO