Hooray! The weather is finally warming up and the sun is starting to peek out and shed some light and warmth on us. I am finally starting to transition away from heavy winter foods and looking for lighter fare. I want salad and barbecue and steak and fruit – essentially summer on my plate. My new favourite dessert for this season is meringue cups. I LOVE meringue. Like seriously love it. I could sit and eat it by itself by the bowl. So yummy, light and sweet. Pure bliss. For this dessert you can make your own meringue cups or you can just buy a box of 8 cups from President’s Choice which is what I did. They are pretty good for store bought. You can fill them with any berry you like…blackberries, blueberries, strawberries or my choice – raspberries. You can top them with plain whipped cream, or cool whip, but I love using the maple syrup flavoured whipped cream that I make in my whipped cream maker, it adds a little boost of flavour to the whole dessert.
Here is my recipe:
- 6 meringue cups
- 1 pint of raspberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 carton of heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsps. maple syrup
- chocolate sauce for drizzle
- Pour whipping cream and maple syrup into whipped cream maker and shake according to directions.
- Put a meringue cup on a small dessert plate.
- Fill the cup with raspberries (about 6 per cup).
- Top with prepared whipped cream.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce.