Once a month, we have a snack night while watching a movie or a sports game. My husband enjoys eating his favourite snacks, so this is a yummy gift that he can keep all to himself! This craft is very easy to prepare and the hardest part was finding a template for the tie, thanks to Martha Stewart for posting one on her site!
Father’s Day Snack Tie Box
You will need:
- 2 plastic containers (these are from Dollarama)
- Caramel popcorn (recipe below), popcorn, chips mix, or nuts
- White letter size paper or white cardstock
- Template for the Tie from Martha Stewart HERE
How to do it:
- Print the tie onto the white letter size paper or white cardstock.
- Cut along the black lines and to make the collar cut along the solid lines in the centre and fold down along the dotted lines.
- Fold at the end of the strips where it says tab.
- Attach the other strip to the collar with adhesive ( if you are lacking a strip to make it around your box, just print another tie and cut out the strip).
- Add the snacks in the box and close the lid.
- Place the collar around the box below the lid with adhesive.
Now is the time to make your very own Caramel Popcorn! This was a big hit with my family.
Caramel Popcorn Recipe
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of corn syrup
- 1/2 cup of butter (I used Gay Lea of course!)
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of popcorn to use with a Hot Air Popcorn Popper
- In a large pot, cook the marshmallows, the brown sugar, the corn syrup, the butter and the pure vanilla extract at low heat and keep stirring all the time.
- Heat until marshmallows are all melted.
- Cook popcorn according to the recipe of the Hot Air Popcorn Popper (about 1/2 cup each time)
- In a large bowl, put the popcorn and pour the Marshmallow mixture.
- Stir gently with a spoon until mixture is well blended with the popcorn.
The popcorn is best eaten within 24 hours.