Whether made for the holidays, a special occasion or to brighten a loved one’s day, Canadians love baking fun and creative treats! We like to take chances and think outside of the box when coming up with fabulous ideas for baked dishes to put smiles on the faces of our loved ones. Pillsbury™ and Betty Crocker™ have teamed up to showcase how savvy Canadians can be in the kitchen by launching the first-ever Bake It Possible contest! They want to inspire Canadians to show off their baking best by sharing their new creations made with Pillsbury™ and Betty Crocker™ products. What’s in it for you? Does a chance at winning $10 000 (and gaining 15 minutes of fame) sound good to you? It is pretty amazing to me!
How to enter the Bake It Possible contest
Want to throw your hat into the ring? Follow these two easy steps to get started:
- Create an original recipe using Pillsbury and/or Betty Crocker product(s).
- Snap a photo and then upload it to BakeItPossible.com or to Instagram or Twitter using the hash tag #BakeItPossible. (NOTE: if you are not on any social media channels, you may enter the contest by completing the form on the Contest Entry page of their website.).
The recipe you share will be judged on the following criteria:
- Taste appeal
- *WOW* factor.
- Takes under an hour to create.
Need a bit more information about what the judges are looking for or the process? Visit BakeItPossible.com to find out more! The top 10 finalists will be chosen to participate in a bake-off in Toronto in March 2017 to select the winner of the $10 000 prize!
In the spirit of the Bake It Possible contest, I created a recipe using Pillsbury™ Original Crescent Dinner Rolls to help get your creative juices flowing! Since my family loves entertaining, I like to have fun and easy snackity snacks on hand to serve our guests. I have always wanted to experiment with making appetizer cups, and the Pillsbury Crescent Rolls dough gave me the opportunity to try it out!
For my first time making this kind of dish, I put together this Asparagus Spinach and Prosciutto Cups recipe using Ricotta Mozzarella cheeses. Want to see how to create these amazing appetizers? Take a look at the recipe below!
- 3 cans Pillsbury™ Original Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 12 stalks asparagus, diced, keeping the tips intact
- 1 cup baby spinach, diced
- 100 g Prosciutto chopped
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F for dark muffin tins, or 375°F for shiny muffin tins.
- Mix together the veggies, Prosciutto, cheese and egg in a large mixing bowl until blended thoroughly to create the filling mixture.
- Open Pillsbury Crescent Roll container and unravel dough. Cut out circles 1 inch larger than the holes. Shape dough to the mini muffin tin holes.
- Scoop mixture into the dough, leveling them off at the top.
- Use asparagus tips to decorate tops of each cup.
- Place into the center of the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until dough is golden brown.
- Remove cups once the muffin tin has cooled and serve!
Pillsbury Crescent Rolls would really come to rescue if there is little time to prepare for our loved ones’ arrival. They would considerably cut down on my prep time in the kitchen because I would not have to put a pie crust together and are easy to use.
Are you all fired up to show you have what it takes to take the top spot in the Bake It Possible contest? It is so easy to take part, and can result in you winning a really fabulous prize! To be eligible for this contest, you must submit your entry no later than January 5, 2017. So what are you waiting for? Come up with a creative creation and enter your recipe into the Bake It Possible contest!
Good luck to you all!
For more information about the #BakeItPossible contest, you can visit them on their website (BakeItPossible.com)!
Disclaimer: General Mills sent me free packages of products and coupons from Pillsbury and Betty Crocker through the Bake It Possible influencer program in order to create recipes to inspire and share with you!