Cornmeal Berry Muffins
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup small berries (or you can chop up strawberries)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, oil, and egg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingeedients just enough to moisten, then stir in the berries.
- Divide into greased muffin tin.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. I baked mine in a smaller muffin-top tin, which is shallower, and they were done in closer to 17 minutes.