For Mother’s Day, my father gave me a crepe pan and a very special spatula that comes in handy for flipping crepes. Of course, with his gift came his famous crepe recipe. When I was a child, I can’t say my dad was much of a cook, but, now that he is retired, he seems to enjoy showing off his expertise in the kitchen. I do remember him making me for breakfast a peanut butter toast spread with butter (how much more fat can you add to a toast!), but was it ever moist and good! Or a toast with butter, sliced bananas sprinkled with white or brown sugar, and sometimes cinnamon. So yummy!
At our house, we usually have toast, eggs, cereal, oatmeal, pancake, or waffle for breakfast, so crepes was a welcome addition to our menu. Now every weekend, my teenage kids want me to prepare them, so we enjoy trying different topping combinations such as strawberries with icing sugar and maple syrup or whipped cream with blueberries.
As you may already know, I have been chosen by Mom Central Canada to be an Ambassador for Gay Lea. Gay Lea created a new product that will amaze your taste buds: a Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Spreadable Butter! You can now make cinnamon and brown sugar toast in the morning thanks to this conveniently packaged butter spread. Why not substitute regular butter with this awesome product for making cookies, bars, and cakes? I added the Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Spreadable Butter on the crepes for added flavour , rolled, and topped with icing sugar and maple syrup. I totally loved it! It was mouth watering goodness! If you would like to make the crepe yourself, the recipe is below.
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tbs of sugar
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- PAM or 1 tsp of butter or oil
- Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Spreadable Butter by Gay Lea
- Optional: maple syrup, icing sugar, fruits, whipped cream, and/or ice cream
- Mix the first seven ingredients in a bowl with a whisk, cover, and keep refrigerated at least one hour or overnight.
- When ready to cook, mix well with a whisk, and drop a ladle full of mixture in the hot cooking pan or crepe pan. Heat cooking pan or crepe pan with PAM or 1 tsp of butter or oil.
- Wait 1-2 minutes then flip the crepe, wait 30 seconds to a minute, and flip in a plate.
- Spread the Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Spreadable Butter by Gay Lea on the crepe.
- Roll the crepe.
- Optional: top with icing sugar, maple syrup, fruits, whipped cream, and/or ice cream!
How many other creative ways do you think you would incorporate this new product into your recipes?
“Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Blogger Campaign with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.”