When I make out my grocery list for the week, I try to make things that are one pot. Either that or a few dishes that use the same ingredients, such as chicken or ground beef, so I can buy in bulk and save as much as I can. Honestly, who doesn’t love to save a few dollars on their grocery bills?! After googling a few chicken recipes, I came across a Chicken Riggies Recipe that really intrigued me. This is a dish that is popular in central New York, USA, and many popular pizzerias. It is very popular and there are many different variations that can be found on all the popular food blogs. I could not wait to give this a try.
The dish is made with rigatoni pasta, fresh veggies, chicken, pasta sauce and a few other ingredients. Most of these are staples in my household, so for this dish, I only had to pick up the chicken and rigatoni pasta! How easy of a meal is that?! Not only is this dish perfect for weeknights because the cleanup is easy, but it is also packed full of flavor. Everyone in your family, even your little picky eater, will love my Chicken Riggies Recipe.
Let’s start making this dish. You will need the following ingredients:
It is super easy to make, let’s get started:
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken
- 3 Peppers 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 orange
- 1 8oz package of mushrooms
- 2 cups of alfredo sauce
- 1 1/2 cups of maranara sauce
- Red Pepper flakes or fresh chili peppers
- Rigatoni pasta
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Cook cubed chicken over medium heat just until they begin to turn white.
- Add mushrooms to chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add peppers and cook 5-7 minutes (I usually season the veggies and chicken with salt and pepper at this point).
- Add 1 1/2 cups of marinara sauce and 2 cups of alfredo sauce over a medium heat. If you like spicy foods you can add in Red Hot peppers or pepper flakes.
- Stir mixture, your sauce should look orange.
- Continue cooking on a medium heat about 10 minutes or until all veggies are tender.
- Pour sauce over your rigatoni pasta and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes optional.