- ¼ cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 8 (about 20oz./550 g) chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 6 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped garlic
- 1 carton (480 mL) CAMPBELL'S Stock First ™ Chicken stock
- 16 Zima Sweet Orange Grape Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh rosemary, chopped
- In a large re-sealable plastic bag toss flour and chicken to coat evenly.
- Warm oil in a large heavy bottom ovenproof saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and cook bacon until fully cooked. Remove bacon from pan and set aside.
- Add the chicken pieces and brown chicken pieces evenly, about 8-10 minutes. Remove chicken from pot and set aside.
- Discard all but 1 tsp of the oil. Add onion and mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add chicken, bacon, stock, diced tomato and rosemary and bring to a boil. Cover and bake for about 90 minutes at 325⁰F (170⁰C) oven or until chicken is very tender and cooked through.
- Remove chicken pieces from pot and ladle vegetables and braising liquid over chicken.
The original recipe called for:
3 (3 oz/85g) strips bacon, chopped- 1 large tomato, diced - 6 oz. white mushrooms, chopped
For a more elegant presentation puree vegetables and stock with a hand blender, or in a standard blender, and then ladle over chicken. You may serve this dish with the traditional pasta accompaniment or with roasted or mashed potatoes.
This original recipe was taken from Campbell.