Bath time is a fun time for both babies and parents For babies, it is a time of discovery and fun! They are learning what water is and what they can do in and with this substance. For parents, it is a time to guide your child through this experience and to give them the support they need, whether it is to continue the bonding process between parent and child or protecting their young skin from damage. Cetaphil, Canada’s number one brand of sensitive skin care cleansers, has just released Cetaphil Baby, a new line of dermatologist tested and pediatrician recommended skin care products for babies’ delicate skin.
Kelly Bourne, a well-known parenting educator and former registered nurse, was among the first in Canada to use the Cetaphil Baby line. This is what she had to say about these products,
“Like many Canadians, I’m a fan of Cetaphil products because they are very gentle on your skin. So when I heard baby products were coming, I was excited to try them. The first thing I noticed about the Cetaphil Baby line is a subtle, more sophisticated fragrance than your typical baby products. They also contain organic calendula, an extract from the marigold flower that helps soothe and calm the skin. The washes are great because they’re not drying at all and the Wash & Shampoo is gentle and tear-free. The lotion is ideal for everyday use and the moisturizing oil really impressed because it contains no mineral oil – instead the main ingredients include sunflower seed oil and sweet almond oil. I also love the fact that all Cetaphil Baby products are free of parabens and colourants.”
Are you expecting a bundle of joy in the near future? Kelly offered some tips on how to bathe newborns correctly and safely to help new parents get ready for this fun time of the day.
Kelly Bourne’s Baby Bath Time Tips
- Be prepared – A wet, slippery, wiggly infant is hard to hold onto. To keep your baby safe, lay out all essential bath items within reach ahead of time.
- Proper form – There is a technique to move your baby in and out of the tub. One may be tempted to cradle the baby. It’s better to support her head and bottom with your hands rather than using a cradling position.
- Bath water temperature – The bath water should be 37 degrees Celsius. To be certain, use a bath thermometer. Eventually you’ll learn to gauge the water temperature with a quick test on the inside of your wrist to ensure it’s not too hot.
- Sponge bathe your newborn – Delay tub baths until his umbilical cord detaches. Soaking or excess moisture can promote bacteria growth. Instead, sponge bathe your baby.
- Keep baby warm – Place washcloths on your baby’s chest and arms as you pour water over her body. This provides a little more insulation and warmth during bath time.
- Bathe every few days –It’s a popular misconception that babies need a bath every day. Bathing too frequently may dry the skin. Every few days is ideal. In between baths, cleanse with a sponge to keep baby fresh. After bathing, use Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion to help moisturize and protect the skin.
- Cradle Cap – Babies often develop cradle cap. It’s a harmless condition and will eventually go away on its own. If it bothers you, using a natural oil followed by a gentle cleanse of your baby’s scalp helps to remove the scales.
- Use baby wash – It’s a misconception that you don’t need a cleanser while bathing your baby. There are many oil based irritants that can end up on your baby’s skin. Water alone may not remove them and using a washcloth with no cleanser can be harsh on the skin. Cetaphil Baby Ultra Moisturizing Wash contains 1/3 baby lotion and lets you cleanse delicate skin gently.
- Bonding with Dad – Dads today are more involved with their children than ever. Bath time gives Dad a great opportunity to share in the bonding experience with baby.
Let the Search for Canada’s Cetaphil Baby Begin!
Do you think your baby is the cutest thing ever? During the month of June, Cetaphil Baby is searching for the Cetaphil Baby! They are inviting Canadians to share their beautiful baby bath time photos of Instagram with the hashtag #CetaphilBabyBathtime until June 30, 2016.
What’s available to win? Here is what the Cetaphil Baby will receive:
- a personalized family shoot
- fantastic baby gear
- one (1) year supply of Cetaphil Baby products!
The winner will be featured online. Click here to find out all of the details for this contest!
So pick up the whole Cetaphil Baby product line to care for your baby’s delicate skin, and share your fun baby bath time pics on Instagram so she or he can become the next Cetaphil Baby!
Disclaimer: I was generously compensated with products from Cetaphil Baby.
A Bubbly Baby Bath Time Giveaway from Cetaphil Baby!
Cetaphil Baby wants for one (1) lucky Ottawa Mommy Club to bond with your baby and to enjoy bath time with their little ones by giving away a Cetaphil Baby prize package containing each of the products from their new line!
The ARV of this prize package is $50!
This giveaway is open to Canadian residents and ends at 11:59 EDT on July 11th, 2016.
Rules: Open to Canadian residents 18 +. You have 48 hours to reply by email once you are notified as the winner. If you don’t, we will draw another entry. Prize is non-transferable. No substitution or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted. The selected winner must correctly answer a mathematical question in order to win the prize mentioned above. The Ottawa Mommy Club is not responsible for prize fulfillment and for the delivery/shipment of the prize(s) mentioned above. For our complete set of rules, please click here.