You are invited to help celebrate
Ontario Local Food Week from June 2-8, 2014!
From the farmers’ market or your grocery cart to the dinner table, Ontarians can enjoy the province’s bounty of Ontario dairy, eggs, flowers, meats, fruits and vegetables all year long.
Here are three great reasons to buy local Ontario food:
- Great food and choices. The abundance of local food choices is incredible with something for every taste, budget and occasion.
- Choosing local provides a personal connection with what you eat. There is a story behind every basket of produce, cut of meat, loaf of bread and glass of milk.
- Caring for the environment — Ontario farmers are committed to growing crops and raising livestock in an environmentally sustainable manner which leaves our farms in better shape for generations to come.
Wondering how you can celebrate local food? Here are some tips:
- Host your own local food celebration feast or barbecue with friends and family, each menu item has a story to be shared;
- Share your love of local food on social media using the #loveONTfood hashtag;
- Support your local farmers by choosing Ontario products all year long.
- Tour a farm virtually or find out more about how your food is produced here at home by visiting www.farmfoodcare.org.
You can also Visit www.loveONTfood.ca for a full list of great resources on Ontario food and farming and more ideas on how to join in on the Local Food celebrations.
Join the #loveONTfood Twitter party
with farmers and foodies celebrating all things food and farming in Ontario
on June 3 at 8pm ET!
Help us cultivate awareness and build appreciation for farming and food in Ontario. Ask all of your questions, celebrate farm families and help us tell the stories of the farmers who work hard to grow the fresh Ontario food that we enjoy so much. Tell your friends and get your questions ready for the #loveONTfood Twitter Party. Make sure you follow @FarmFoodCare on Twitter for daily updates. See you there!!
Date: Tuesday June 3, 2014
Time: 8:00pm EST
Host: @FoodFarmCare and @loveONTfood
For more information, please click HERE!