Calling All Local Artists! Celebrate Canada 150 with Your Creativity!
Are you a local artist? Do you create one-of-a-kind pieces that are next to none? Are you excited about this year’s Canada 150 celebrations? Then read on to find out about a contest that was made for you to enter!
Carlingwood Shopping Centre and other 20VIC managed properties are looking for local artists to create unique installations to be featured in various malls across the country to help celebrate Canada’s sesquicentennial birthday. This piece should reflect on our country’s history, capture our present, and /or look towards its future.
This instillation will be on display for two months prior to Canada Day celebrations. This piece will also be used as a focal point and Canada 150 landmark in Carlingwood Shopping Centre. It will also be used as a photo backdrop for Carlingwood’s Canada 150 “Selfie” Contest. Carlingwood shoppers will be asked to take a photo with this installation, share this photo on their personal social media channels using the contest hashtag. Entrants will have a chance to win weekly prizes and will be entered to win a grand prize consisting of a trip for two to a designated city in Canada.
With the theme of Canada’s history, present and /or future in mind, here are the parameters required for this piece:
- The installation should fill a 10’ x 10’ space at minimum, to a maximum of 20’ x 20x’
- Have a maximum height of 10’
- Should visibly communicate the theme.
All installations across Canada will be revealed on May 1, 2017. It will stay on display at each respective location until July 2017. The selected artist will be notified by March 17th and have two months in which to complete this piece.
The artist selected will receive the following:
- An honorarium of $1,000 for the artist’s design
- In-mall promotion of installation and display in high traffic area for two months at Carlingwood Shopping Centre
- Promotion across Carlingwood’s social, digital, mobile channels + E-newsletter database
- PR support and promotion for the Canada 150 Artist Installation, the artist and the “Selfie” Contest
- Carlingwood Shopping Centre will own the completed artwork.
Do you feel as though you are up to the task of entering this contest? Complete and submit your application for the for 20VIC Management Inc’s Canada 150 Artist Installation at Carlingwood Shopping Centre Contest no later than March 14, 2017, at 5 PM local time to firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting your application, make sure you include the following details:
- Project summary about the proposed installation (1-page maximum)
- A rendering or mockup of the proposed design
- Artist CV and Bio
- Portfolio of works (in PDF format)
- Website link (if applicable)
A jury panel will review all applications and the successful candidate will be notified directly. Click here to read the Rules and Regulations of the 20VIC Management Inc’s Canada 150 Artist Installation at Carlingwood Shopping Centre Contest.
Good luck to all that enter!