Fathers day is coming up soon, so we decided to try something special for my husband. Things have been a bit hectic in our family lately, so getting back to some good old-fashioned basics sounded like a great idea. My little “helpers” requested we make some chocolate chip cookies, some good old-fashioned ways to show you care. Hey they best ways to a man’s heart is through his stomach, or so they say.
We made some candied bacon chocolate chip cookies! Now these are a mix between a sweet and savoury cookie, so it might not be for everyone. My boys LOVED them, so I hope you do as well!
Candied Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups Brown sugar,
- 2 cups Chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Butter or margarine
- half a package of bacon (or as much as you'd like.)
- Candied bacon-
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- Spread out your bacon and cover each slice with a spoonful of brown sugar.
- Cook in the oven for 10-14 minutes. WATCH your bacon! Due to the sugar, baking time may be faster and it can easily burn.
- Once cooked break apart into desired crumbleness .
- In a bowl, mix together your butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and mix well.
- Add the maple syrup.
- In a separate bowl, mix your flour, baking powder, baking soda, and your salt. Slowly add all your ingredients together until they are all combined and forming a nice doughy mix.
- Stir in your chocolate chips.
- Now cover your mix and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line your strays with parchment paper.( NOT WAX PAPER... made that mistake....)
- Scoop your preferred size of dough, i used a generous table spoon and roll into balls, or what ever shape your toddler decides...
- Bake about 13 minutes or until the edges start to brown. If they look soft, they will firm up once cooled, and enjoy!
I Hope you and your family have a wonderful fathers day!
Until next time,