5 Ways to Celebrate Easter as a Family
Many people want to spend holidays with their families and Easter is no exception. For many, this is a religious holiday but even if you don’t celebrate it that way, you will find that people still like to enjoy time with their families.
Here are four ways to celebrate Easter as a family:
- Have a nice dinner – Holidays bring people together and dinners are a great way to celebrate. Dinner is also a traditional way that many people celebrate Easter and Passover.
- Read or tell Easter stories – This is great for children but even adults can enjoy it. Gather round and read or tell stories about Easter.
- Understand all the history and background of Easter – What happened at the first Easter? What are the religious backgrounds of Easter? What is the Pagan history of Easter? A great way to celebrate the holiday is to understand its origins.
- Participate in traditional customs – Decorating Easter eggs, attending a religious service, or having a traditional dinner with family are all some ways to honour traditional Easter customs.
- Plant seeds – Growing plant or flower seeds will not only teach children how nature works, but also the power of a new life which will result in having pride in themselves for creating such a life. Make it simply by filling eggshell halves with soil in an egg carton. Plant 2 or 3 flower/plant seeds or even just grass in each one and cover with soil. Water the potting mixture lightly with a spray bottle and place in front of a sunny window. Water them lightly with a spray bottle or tap water when the soil feels dry.
With these ideas in mind, you can begin planning the best Easter celebration for your family. Do you want to add to our list? What do you do to celebrate Easter as a family?