Did you know that Women’s Ski Jumping is debuting for the first time this year at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi? It sure is a reason to celebrate, so why not make these amazing appetizers and eat them while watching the Women’s Ski Jumping Team compete for medals!
Atsuko’s Flight Avocado & Green Pea Dip
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) lime juice
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups (500 mL) sweet green peas, thawed
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) sea salt cayenne or hot sauce
- Spoon out the avocado flesh and put into a food processor. Add the lime juice and garlic. Add the green peas and salt, then process until you have a smooth puree. Add cayenne or hot sauce for a kick. Serve with Raincoast Seed Crisps.
Taylor’s Take Off Olive & Fig Tapenade
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh figs, quartered
- 1 cup (250 mL) pitted niçoise olives or other brined black olives 1 tbsp. (15 mL) capers, drained
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tbsp. (45 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a food processor, roughly chop the figs. Add the olives, capers, garlic and thyme; pulse until combined and slightly coarse. Add the oil and lemon juice; pulse to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with Raincoast Fig and Olive Crisps.
Alexandra’s Inrun Caramelized Onion Blue Cheese Dip
- 1 tbsp. (15mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (50mL) mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup (175mL) sour cream
- 3 oz. (85g) blue cheese (Roquefort,
- Danish blue or stilton)
- 6 oz. (170g) cream cheese 4 tsp. (20mL) fresh lemon juice sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Lesley Stowe's Raincoast Crips
- Heat the olive oil in a small sauté pan to medium-low add onion, cover and cook until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 20 mins. Cool.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and sour cream in a medium bowl add the blue cheese and cream cheese mash with a rubber spatula until smooth. Stir in caramelized onion. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with Raincoast Cranberry Hazelnut Crisps or wheat-free Raincoast Rosemary Oat Crisps.
Canadian Women Ski Jumpers Winter Kale Salad with Pine Nuts
- 1 bunch of black kale 2–3 tbsp. (30–45mL) balsamic vinegar zest of ½ lemon sea salt – to taste freshly ground pepper ¼–⅓ cup (50–75mL) olive oil a shot of chili oil (optional) parmesan – lots grated ¼ cup (50mL) currants – soak for 10 min & drain
- ¼ cup (50mL) pine nuts lightly toasted
- Remove the tougher stems and very finely julienne the kale leaves.
- Whisk together the vinegar, lemon zest, salt, pepper & olive oil. Toss on the julienned kale.
- Add the parmesan, currants and pine nuts just before serving (the nuts will go soggy if they sit in the vinaigrette too long). You can eat it right away but it softens & mellows if left to sit for at least 15 mins. Serve with Raincoast Crisps.
To motivate and inspire the team, Canadians can show their support by sharing a personalized good luck message on Lelsey Stowe’s official social media platforms. Lesley Stowe will contribute $1 per message, to a max $5,000 to the team.
Good Luck Girls and Go Canada Go!
Lesley Stowe Giveaway
Enter to win the the perfect pack for hosting a Canadian Olympic party that features: dip dish, serving tray, Lesley Stowe’s gourmet crackers, a $25 grocery gift card, complete with Canadian themed napkin!
(value over $75)
Giveaway ends Feburary 8th, 2014 at 7:00pm.
Rules: Open Canadian residents 18 +. You have 48 hours to reply by email once you are notified as the winner. If you don’t, we will draw another entry. Prize is non-transferable. No substitution or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted. The selected winner must correctly answer a mathematical question in order to win the prize mentioned above. The Ottawa Mommy Club is not responsible for prize fulfillment and for the delivery/shipment of the prize(s) mentioned above. For our complete set of rules, please click here.