March Break is just around the corner! Do you have anything planned for your child to do during this time away from school? If not, take a look at these 12 March Break Activities and Camps your child can have fun attending this year either on their own or with the family!
12 March Break Activities and Camps Around Ottawa
1. March Break Meltdown with the Bytown Museum, March 9-19, 2017
With a map for guidance, jump into the past by dressing up as an explorer while learning about Ottawa’s history! Note: Costumes and map are included with paid admission to the museum.
2. Spring Break Ski Lessons at Camp Fortune, March 13-17, 2017 – Program Class Times: 10 am-12pm or 1 pm-3pm
Hit the slopes and have fun with your family for March Break at Camp Fortune! 3, 4 or 5-Day programs have lessons are for 2 hours, then you can ski all afternoon. Lift tickets are valid for the day. Register online.
3. Barnyard Break at the Canadian Food and Agriculture Museum, March 11-19, 2017 – Various times
March Break will be a sweet affair at the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum as all things maple are the focus of this year’s Barnyard Break! Along with their numerous animal demonstrations, there will be special features to take in:
- cooking demonstrations
- making maple taffy in the snow
- classic children’s story times
- Canadian-themed craft times
4. March Break at the Canadian Museum of History – Various dates and times
So much is happening for visitors of all ages at the Canadian Museum of History. Got hockey love? Check their special exhibit on this favourite Canadian past time during your visit. Play games throughout Canada’s history in various spots of the museum at the Playing Through History installations inspired by their future Canadian History Hall. Get the family together and roll over to the Canadian Museum of History to create a crazy marble run out of interlocking pieces. Be imaginative and make your maze as simple or as complicated as you wish.
5. Spring Break at the Museum – Canadian Museum of Nature – Various dates and times
There is so much happening at the Canadian Museum of Nature this March Break! Love reptiles? Check into their temporary exhibit, Reptiles and attend the Meet the Reptile Keeper. Take a look at the hands-on event with live animals when Little Ray’s Reptile Zoo visits the museum. You can also learn more about these type of animals in their Reptile Zone and play Reptile Bingo for even more fun! Find out about other animals by taking in one of their 3D movies, and dabble in science and nature in the activities available!
6. March Break Activities at the Canada Aviation and Space Museum March 11-19, 2017 – Various times
There are various things happening at the Canada Aviation and Space Museum! The possibilities about living on Mars, activities, tours and more are available for visitors to learn about and enjoy!
7. Spy Camp at the Diefenbunker – March 13-17, 2017, 9:30 AM-3:30 PM
Children ages 7-12 will master the skill of spies after attending Spy Camp at the Diefenbunker! Each day “Bunker Agents” hone their craft through learning the art of espionage, putting together disguises, breaking code, using spy gadgets and so much more! At the end of camp, children will graduate as a Level One Spy!
8. March Break Drama Camp/Comedy Workshop at the Ottawa Little Theatre March 13-17 from 9 AM-4 PM
Have a performer at home? Sign them up the Ottawa Little Theatre’s March Break Camp to let them explore their dramatic or comedic side! Campers will be actively involved in the process of creating theatre using tools such as improvisation, stage blocking, tableaux and vocal exercises. Campers will put on a performance on their last day of camp for family and friends.
9. March Break: Imagine. Create. Play at the Billings Estate National Historic Site March 13-17, 2017 from 10 AM-5 PM
Keep little ones entertained while visiting the Billings Estate National Historic Site. Visitors can take self-guided tours, pick up an experience backpack, play board games and take advantage of all the museum has to offer.
10. Time Travellers Activities at the Nepean Museum, March 13-17, 2017 from 9 AM-Noon
Become a detective and go throughout Nepean’s history to solve mysteries from Nepean’s past at the Nepean Museum! Participants do so by completing puzzles, playing games and making a craft. Each day will take place in a different time period to add to the fun. These activities are geared towards children ages 6-9 years-old. Note: Registration is required.
11. March Break Programing at the Ottawa Public Library March 11-18, 2017 -Various times
There is no shortage of activities children and teens can be a part of at the various locations at the Ottawa Public Libraries! Crafts, games, interlocking brick building, teen hang out sessions and more are available to attend and enjoy throughout the week!
12. There are also many March Break Camps offered around Ottawa for your child to take part in. There are activities that will peak the interest of any child from sports and wall climbing to boating, arts and theatre!
Now that you have an idea of what’s happening this March Break, you will have a ball planning some fun activities for your child to do by themselves or as a family!
Which activity would your child be most interested in doing this March Break?