I thought I would share a round-up of delicious strawberry recipes for National Strawberry Day on February 27th!
Did you know that:
- strawberries are full of flavonoids, which form part of the strawberry’s red colour. Flavonoids are best known for their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory health benefits and also help support the cardiovascular and nervous systems.
- eight strawberries have more vitamin C than one orange.
- the strawberry plant is a member of the rose family.
- strawberries are low in calories (32 cal/100 g).
- strawberries are rich in B-complex vitamins. It contains very good amounts of vitamin B-6, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and folic acid.
- strawberries contain a good amount of minerals like potassium, manganese, fluorine, copper, iron and iodine.
Strawberry Lemonade Slushie by Mama Likes to Cook
Easy Strawberry Jam by Thrifty Jinxy
Fresh Strawberry Pie by Coupon Cutting Mom
Strawberry Piña Coladas (Mocktails & Cocktails) by Real The Kitchen and Beyond
Strawberry-Peanut Butter Quesadillas by Two Healthy Kitchens
Strawberry Lemon Cake Bowls by Practical Savings
Strawberry Chia Seed Jam Recipe by Southern Krazed
Easy Strawberry Refrigerator Cake by Crystal and Co.
Strawberry Breakfast Bars by Mess for Less
Strawberry Chocolate Pudding Pie by The Princess and her Cowboys